An oven-cleaning product has been recalled due to safety fears after a toddler drank several mouthfuls of the corrosive fluid.
His injuries prompted concerns over the product's safety cap.Well, indeed!
Luckily, an examination will quickly show if...
The toddler's grandmother, Carina Blackshaw, told the Basildon Echo she was "distraught" after leaving the product on a kitchen table, having bought it for Callum's mother Maxine, 23.
Callum climbed on to the table and managed to open the bottle's child lock before swallowing the liquid.
Carina Blackshaw, a police community support officer, said: "The bottle might have been faulty, but we'll never know as it was taken with Callum to Basildon Hospital and then on to Great Ormond Street, but it's got lost."*sigh*
Parents are being warned about the dangers of liquid detergent capsules following a number of cases of children biting into them after apparently mistaking them for sweets.Oh, for...!
Parents should take a child to their nearest A&E if it is suspected they have swallowed something poisonous, doctors said.
They have also called for childproof packaging for the products to stop youngsters being able to get to them.Great! More unwieldy packaging for the elderly and disabled to have to struggle with in future...
H/T: David Bain via email
I have an idea, how about parents taking responsibility?
Putting a bottle of oven cleaner on the kitchen table with a curious 2yr old who I suspect has "previous" then blaming is, well, acting like a 2yrold!
It is normal for my elderly mother to pass these "child-proof" products to the grandchildren as they are often the only ones to hand who can open them.
Tesco's 'value' brand whisky also burns the throat and makes short work of most drain blockages.
So those bleating about wanting the government to 'do something' are actually saying 'I don't know how to bring up my children'.
As Roger Thornhill says the parents need to learn to take responsibility for their actions and children.
@Noggin the Nogg, likewise Tesco own brand vodka any surplus of which makes an excellent kitchen surface cleanser and is ideal for ridding the sink of unsightly stains (caution, keep out of reach of minors).
"It is normal for my elderly mother to pass these "child-proof" products to the grandchildren as they are often the only ones to hand who can open them."
"So those bleating about wanting the government to 'do something' are actually saying 'I don't know how to bring up my children'."
Yes, that's what they do appear to be saying. And extrapolating that to include every other parent too.
"@Noggin the Nogg, likewise Tesco own brand vodka..."
Some own-brands are pretty good - Morrison premium brand gin is excellent.
People leave dangerous and caustic products within easy reach of toddlers and somehow that's the manufacturers' fault.
Truly, the vast majority of this nation is made up of fuckwits.
Presumably, the parents, grandparents or whoever is in charge of these children, havinf taken them to A&E, then proceed to the local Council Offices for voluntary euthenasia on the grounds that they are too stupid and incapable of being in charge of children, to live!
Post a Comment