Monday 5 September 2011

Double The Lesbians, Double The Fun!*

A lesbian accused of a homophobic attack showed a jury a picture of a gay rights tattoo on her bottom to prove she was not guilty.
And they probably thought gruesome photos of murder scenes was the worst they’d have to see…
Lauren Proverbs, 21, said she would never have attacked Gina Landon who was out with a girlfriend because of her sexuality, adding she had once been in a gay relationship herself.
Only once? Doesn’t it take more than that?
After a jury were unable to reach a verdict, Ms Proverbs, 21, was formally cleared by a judge of carrying out the attack and will not face a re-trial.
Money well spent, I’m sure.

And then we have this case:
A firm who is being sued by a 23-year-old lesbian for sexual harassment have denied the charges because they say she is 'too ugly' and 'no one would touch her'.
As this is the US, this one will run and run and run….

H/T: SadButMadLad via email

* That ought to guarantee a few extra Google hits….

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

... inexplicably reminding one of Jaded's imminent return to Heathrow from a restless week at the BambĂș Hotel.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Melvin how many times do I have to tell you i'm not a woman. You seem to have a problem with the opposite sex for someone described as a libertarian.
I had a great holiday anyway thanks for asking.
Jaded

Roue le Jour said...

I love that "Too ugly..."

I think we should call that the "Oscar Wilde" defence.

Holmshill Oldie said...

"She admitted punching the woman in a takeaway restaurant in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire"

For heaven's sake... I went to school in Borehamwood (aka Borehamstiff) but never saw any lesbians in my time there. In fact. I don't even remember even such a thing as a takeaway restaurant.

How times change down Shenley Road...

Anonymous said...

Leroy's tattoo picture shop in Lambeth has just sold out of 'I hate Looters'.

Budvar said...

Quite Anon, the ultimate get out of jail free card. Thing is with all the people I'd like to thump the shit out of, I don't think even my fat arse is big enough for a tattoo with the list I have in mind.

JuliaM said...

"I think we should call that the "Oscar Wilde" defence."

Quite!

"In fact. I don't even remember even such a thing as a takeaway restaurant."

Sadly, they are ubiquitous everywhere now.

"Leroy's tattoo picture shop in Lambeth has just sold out of 'I hate Looters'."

Heh!

"Thing is with all the people I'd like to thump the shit out of, I don't think even my fat arse is big enough for a tattoo with the list I have in mind."

:D