Staff at a community centre caring for 100 elderly people say they have been told to ban mobility scooters for health and safety reasons.Wha..?
Inspectors from Humberside Fire and Rescue were said to have advised staff that scooters are a fire hazard.Did it escape their notice that this is a club for the elderly? What next, closing down a petrol station because petrol is a fire hazard?
After being approached by the Mail, Humberside Fire and Rescue stressed mobility scooters are dangerous in the event of a fire, but said they had made a recommendation to the centre rather than an order.Fine. Then ignore them.