Saturday 2 August 2014

A Terrorist's Tale...

I only knew Israel from the stories. 
It was the military zone for which Hamas was responsible, but we all knew the stories about how they managed to kill several civilians in one ambush.
Honestly, we were a bit jealous. I was drafted into Hamas at the end of the Second Intifada into a special operations unit. From the start of my service I knew that the West Bank and Haifa would be the areas for which we were responsible. Child’s play, seemingly, compared to the stories that came out of Israel – but my child’s play.
I’ll never forget the first time that I was shot at, the first Jewish corpse I ever saw, and the fear and adrenaline during my first terrorist operation.
No, surprisingly, that's not the sort of thing you'd ever see from the 'Indy', is it? I wonder why...

5 comments:

Greencoat said...

The Independent (sic) and The Guardian - England's joint answer to Der Sturmer.

MTG said...

Glancing at the back page ruins the read. Similarly, knowing all the endings to date, it's hard to maintain interest in the present Jewish epic.

Anonymous said...

You'd be interested if you could link it all to the UK Police Melv, eh? EH? Ya nutter!

MTG said...

Gosh, such a decent sport.

M. Angryplod triggers his hypertension alarm just to indulge my epicaricacy.

JuliaM said...

"...England's joint answer to Der Sturmer."

Heh!