Monday 11 August 2014

Would You Prefer He Had No Right Of Appeal?

I realise that’s probably a rhetorical question
Wild, who has waived her right to anonymity, said: "I was very shocked by it and very upset. It was the last thing I imagined hearing. It really shook me up and it's really wrong of him. It shows that he's got no remorse in any shape or form.
"It just seemed like I couldn't move on from it. It's not going to go away, he's not going to give up.
"I remember as a child his eyes were very cold. I felt that again during the trial. It's almost as if he's saying 'you're never going to get to me, you're never going to stop me'.
And just what awful thing has Rolf Harris done now? Why, simply apply to use his right of appeal, that’s all…

I suspect removal of such rights will be the next demand from the feminists. They never think it would ever apply to them too, do they, when they push for ever more restrictive legislation?

3 comments:

Frank said...

Whether you think Rolf is innocent or the Devil incarnate, I think this encapsulates it:
“WILLIAM ROPER: So now you'd give the Devil benefit of law!
THOMAS MORE: Yes. What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?
ROPER: I'd cut down every law in England to do that!
MORE: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you -where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country's planted thick with laws from coast to coast -man's laws, not God's -and if you cut them down- and you're just the man to do it -d'you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil the benefit of the law, for my own safety's sake.”
― From "A Man For All Seasons" by Robert Bolt

Quiet_Man said...

I think they believe it should only apply to men. After all, we're all potential rapists.

JuliaM said...

"Whether you think Rolf is innocent or the Devil incarnate, I think this encapsulates it..."

It most certainly does...

"I think they believe it should only apply to men."

I suspect so.