It was supposed to be a night in with a tasty kebab…Yeah. That was your first mistake…
… but this Charlton family ended up vomiting in the toilet after discovering a cockroach lurking in their pitta bread.It’s called the ‘Surprise Takeaway’. Clearly with good reason!
Mr Powell, who took the kebab back to the shop, said: "When we confronted them about it, they said 'it's not a cockroach, it's a bug'."Ah. Well, I wouldn't expect a high level of entomological knowledge from your average kebab-slinger, if I were you, Mr Powell.
As News Shopper reported last week, a health inspection visit to Surprise last September - after Mr Powell's experience - found more roaches in the storeroom and freezers.
Owner Safiullah Osmanzay was found guilty at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on January 7 of breaching food hygiene regulations and was fined £2,250 and ordered to pay a further £1,500 in costs.That’s a lot of kebabs!
A worker at the takeaway, who would identify himself only as 'Noor', told News Shopper: "There's not cockroaches anymore.
"Everything's killed."No doubt. Probably been eating the kebabs…