Student Jayde Dinsdale, 18, downed the shots – normally made of Jagermeister spirit and energy drinks – on a two-for-one night out with pals.
But after the alcohol wore off the caffeine in her system took control of her heart rate – causing it to accelerate dangerously out of control. Her terrified parents watched her suffer two cardiac arrests while they frantically performed CPR to keep her alive.*bites lip*
Jayde, from Yeovil, Somerset, said: “I think it is pretty bad that people sell these drinks.
You’ve no idea how much caffeine is in them and how dangerous they can be. “I hope people will think twice about drinking energy drinks – they could be deadly.”You’re some thinker, Jayde. You’ll go far. As what, I wonder?
Bubbly Jayde, a tourism and travel student …*bites lip even harder*