Wednesday 24 December 2014

Swine...

You don’t want me to spoil your Christmas dinner with articles about injustice and exploitation.
No, George, we don't.
So during the festive season I tell winter’s tales instead: strange, true, but without political intent.
*hollow laugh* Really..?
Pushing shit with a squeegee all day long, knowing that as soon as I left a pen it would start to fill up again, is not a formula for job satisfaction.
Oh, I don't know. Are you really doing anything different today? The pigshit at least probably smelled sweeter...

3 comments:

Furor Teutonicus said...

They had pigs dead in the pens, and left them so long that the had to take them out in pieces?

The farmer whos pigs I looked after to pay towards my uni time would have had US shot, and left in the pig pens till we had to be taken out in pieces!

Waste of good pen space would have been enough alone to justify it.

AndrewWS said...

This is piffle. He can hardly be said to have done this "for Queen and country" and I find it difficult to believe that someone educated at an independent school (Stowe, I believe) couldn't go abroad because he didn't have any money; I only went to a grammar, and I spent my gap year working in a factory in Germany.

JuliaM said...

"The farmer whos pigs I looked after to pay towards my uni time would have had US shot..."

Very few of the 'real life' stories espoused by CiF columnists pass the smell test. I suspect they would have to be labelled 'fiction'.

"... I find it difficult to believe that someone educated at an independent school (Stowe, I believe) couldn't go abroad because he didn't have any money..."

Indeed...