Thursday 11 December 2014

You Climbed Out Of A Window To Give All Those Interviews Then, Jack?

“I can’t even answer my telephone, any more. If it’s an unknown number, if it rings early in the morning, or I don’t know who it is. I can’t even open my own front door. It’s not the same front door, as the one I sat with my back to, morning and afternoon, cowering as bailiffs battered on the other side of it. It’s not the same phone number. It’s not the same front door. I’m not in debt. There are no more final demands, no more red capital letters, no more threats. But … I can’t even open my own front door.”
That’s Foodbank Queen Jack Monroe, whinging about how tough life is when you’re in debt due to your own bad life choices.
I gave evidence at the all-party parliamentary group inquiry into hunger and food bank use in the UK a few months ago
Hmm, round about the time she was filming adverts for Sainsbury’s & giving speeches at the Labour Party Conference, then?
I often miss interviews, because a certain broadcasting corporation calls from unknown or withheld numbers, and I just can’t bring myself to answer them.
Interesting! I for one would love to know who they are so I could thank them for (inadvertently) not cluttering up the schedules with yet more of her…

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is addicted to victim narratives about herself.

Ed P said...

Since when was Jack a girl's name?

I do not understand what (s)he's on about, but it's a good bet it'll be typical Guardianista whingeing.

Anonymous said...

Short for Jacqueline, presumably, just like 'Jackie' (in the same way 'Jennifer' can go to 'Jennie' or 'Jen').

Anonymous said...

She was called Melissa and changed her name by deed-poll when she decided that she was a tuppence-licker.
A professional whinger and typical Guardian writer.
Jaded

andy5759 said...

Sigh, and women want us to think they're the stronger gender. That ninny is doing nothing but harm to the campaign for gender equality. Perhaps we should encourage her.

Anonymous said...

Her recipes are crap too.

Anonymous said...

Ah, reading these comments explained her name... as for the article, why don't you people have guns? Then when she felt really miserable and hiding behind the door-ish, she could just blow her brains out and we could stop listening to this drivel.

Furor Teutonicus said...

Appears to be addicted to front doors.

Is she recieving treatment for this?

JuliaM said...

"She was called Melissa and changed her name by deed-poll..."

Did she indeed? That's useful to know.

"That ninny is doing nothing but harm to the campaign for gender equality."

She's not alone in that either... :/

"Appears to be addicted to front doors.

Is she recieving treatment for this?"


Heh!