Monday 20 October 2014

Well, Angela, I Feel As If I’m Being Mugged Off By The Likes Of You…

Mum-of-four Angela Worthy, 32, who sleeps in a single bed with her two youngest children, said she had been waiting for a home for three years, but has reached her wits end.
She moved in with her mum, Marcella, and stepdad, Dave, after being forced to flee London while pregnant when someone set fire to her home with her and the children inside.
Ms Worthy (isn’t it always?) has a nice crop of chavname kids (Shannon, Tiffany, Madison and….OK, Billy, which isn’t too bad) and is, you guessed it, on benefits:
She said Castle Point Council officials told her she must bid for a four-bedroom home on the housing register, but none was available and there were no private homes in the borough within the benefit budget of £1,000.
And this is an OUTRAGE!
Ms Worthy said: “We were categorised as a hazard by Environmental Health back in June or July, due to overcrowding.
“It is horrible. I love my mum, but I feel like I am failing my children. I’m just so down in the dumps.
“I knew it would take a little while, but I didn’t have a choice. I honestly didn’t think I would be here three years down the line.
“I just feel like I am being mugged off by Castle Point Council.”
Yup, I know that feeling well, though mine doesn’t originate from the same point…
Grandma Marcella Brady said: “It is destroying the family, it is destroying our relationship as mother and daughter, which has always been extremely strong, and it is destroying my relationship with my grandchildren as I am old school and they are young and have got different views. ”
Ummm, what? Can anyone translate?
“It is against Angela’s human rights to be forced to live like she this.”
*rolls eyes*
“I know people who have moved from Dagenham and have already got houses.”
So..? Are their circumstances comparable?
Mrs Brady, 56, who works as a childminder, said the situation was also making her health worse as she has numerous conditions, including blocked arteries and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which is not helped by stress.
And…if you work as a childminder, how do you cope with those views you find so taxing with your grandchildren?

6 comments:

Sobers said...

" I am old school and they are young and have got different views."

I think thats code for:

'My daughters kids are little gobshites, are uncontrollable, I can't stand them, and I don't want them living here making my life a misery. Find them a free house somewhere else so they can ruin someone else's peace and quiet'

Anonymous said...

Bunny

Can't find a 4 bedroom house at £1k a month, well take a two or three bedroom house then. Oh dear what a pity how sad, never mind. Or alternatively work and stick with whatever feckless loser spawned your illegitimate brood and try to show some responsibility for your actions.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing execution of mom, sterilization of the father/s?, and adopting out the kids isn't an option?

Macheath said...

From the article:

"Miss Worthy’s case is under review to see if she can bid on three, as well as four-bed properties. This is being done in line with the council’s allocation
procedure. We will let Miss Worthy know as soon as the review is
complete.”

Anonymous said...

I am old school too. Move to an area that YOU can afford to live in. I understand there's loads of unoccupied properties in Romania - lets send some of our scroungers over there.

JuliaM said...

"I think thats code for:

'My daughters kids are little gobshites, are uncontrollable, I can't stand them..."


Indeed!

"...well take a two or three bedroom house then."

As MacHeath points out, it seems (bizarrely) that council red tape is preventing this!

" I understand there's loads of unoccupied properties in Romania - lets send some of our scroungers over there."

Seems only fair!