Wednesday 29 October 2014

Anthropomorphism Will Get You Killed...

Well, it can't help this, can it? After all, it's just how its mouth is shaped:
We have this lovely idea about dolphins and have faith in them – who would think a dolphin would ever attack a person? If you see a ferocious animal coming at you with its teeth bared, it’s scary, but dolphins have this lovely, wide smile.
Still, she's learned her lesson now, right?
After the man pulled me out of the water, Dusty swam away, but then she came back and was bobbing vertically next to me, looking at me. We locked eyes and I felt there was complete remorse in her. She was a totally different dolphin; the anger had gone.
/facepalm

3 comments:

wiggia said...

and am building up my own osteopathy practice now. I have a new empathy with patients, because I have been one.

Known as advertorial !

MTG said...

Predictable reward behaviour by both animals. Scrumptious word, BTW.

JuliaM said...

"Known as advertorial !"

Well, it got her name out there, I suppose...