The metal barbecue had been left smouldering by its owners, despite them being asked by friends of her parents to put it out before they left.
Moments later Luii was among a group of children playing nearby, when she fell on to the red hot coals.Boy, I bet you've got some harsh words for your friends then, who saw the danger and didn't bother to tell you, or do anything about it themselves?
A traumatised Mrs Duncan, said: “I’m trying to block it out, but I want to warn people about the dangers of leaving hot barbecues in parks.”Oh. Silly me.
Self-employed Mrs Duncan said more needed to be done to stop something like this happening again.
She said: “There need to be more wardens around to enforce the rules. Next time a young child might be killed.”The wardens can't be everywhere, no matter how many they recruit.
And besides, I really don't want to fork out more council tax to recruit an army of council employees so people can leave their kids to run around parks without the need to trouble themselves about what they are getting up to...