Monday 29 July 2013

TMI, Phil Presland, TMI...

A dog owner says he saw red after an anonymous letter was sent to his business accusing his partner of not clearing up after his labrador.
The sender had photographed Phil Presland’s partner Kim Veale when black labrador Maisie did her business on a grass verge, followed her to his car and then sent the details to Ashford council as well as Mr Presland.
Phil is most aggrieved, as he claims this was all a misunderstanding, and how DARE someone photograph his partner anyway?
“I am not sure about the legality of them photographing Kim and following her without her knowledge.”
“And if they had waited a minute, they would have seen her put Maisie in the car, return to the dog poo and pick it up.”
Goodness me, I thought it was only the police that believed that photographing them was verboten. Now it's estate agents too?
“It is typical of people who complain anonymously without standing up.
“If I had known who they were, I would have gone round and explained what had happened.
“I always pick up Maisie’s poo, in fact all my trousers have dog poo bags in the pockets.”
Empty, one hopes..?

6 comments:

Ian Hills said...

Hope someone photographs the Roma. Having crapped all over Eastern Europe they're doing it over here now.

MTG said...

"I thought it was only the police that believed that photographing them was verboten."

Plod will never notice and I find no basis for challenging a reference to police as 'things', Julia.

Budvar said...

What is it with the recreational dogshit enforcers? I would also say his wife needs to be a bit more aware of her surroundings with stalkers following and photographing her,yet their actions going unnoticed.

Now my reply to the council would be, "Yes there's no photos of me picking up the dogshit, but there's also no photos of me slipping our lass one, me smoking numerous fags and sinking 8 or 9 pints down my local, or me cooking T-bone steaks on the BBQ either. That doesn't mean that I wasn't doing it now does it?".

Also I would have thought a lone woman being followed and photographed by some dodgey looking fucker would be cause enough to give the local plod a ring giving them a heads up. I mean if I'm stood in a public place (Outside the school gates for example) taking photos of random people, you know like schoolkids and their mums, I doubt it would be too long before I was manhandled down the cells, dressed in a paper jumpsuit, and had the front door of the house taken off its hinges and the house ransacked by over a dozen flatfoots.



JuliaM said...

" Having crapped all over Eastern Europe they're doing it over here now."

Oh, I think we ain't seen nothin' yet...

"Also I would have thought a lone woman being followed and photographed by some dodgey looking fucker would be cause enough to give the local plod a ring giving them a heads up."

Great! Then they can do her for wasting police time AND fouling the footpath.

You don't believe his story, do you?

Budvar said...

Joolz, belief is neither here nor there, you see, there's this little thing I like to call the "Burden of proof".

Once upon a time, there was this chap called "Blackstone". He proffered the idea that in English justice "It is better that 10 guilty persons escape, than one innocent suffer".

I also have an aversion to "Stasi informers". I make no apologies for using the term, as that's what they are. Unless these people are nipped in the bud, don't be surprised to wake up one morning to find you're living under a 60s DDR regime.


JuliaM said...

"I also have an aversion to "Stasi informers"."

Me too, but I find them less unpleasant that people who fail to clear up after their dogs. And far less common.