Friday 12 July 2013

Coming Over Here, Feeding Our Residents…

Obi Onyeabor, 41 … has been living here for eight years.
Oh..?
Outside of work and the church I study the Bible or I go to the gym or relax. I live in Barking with my wife, Chioma, and our three children, aged eight, five and two. I used to go back to Nigeria frequently but now I go once every two years.
I’m happy in Barking and looking to stay here for a long time.
So, what vital role does he and his brood serve? What skilled profession does he belong to, such that we can’t do without him?
We were doing a food bank locally within the church but the response wasn’t fantastic as people felt odd taking food from others.
Then I came across the Trussell Trust [a national food bank charity] and realised I could do it in a bigger way by extending it to the community.
I see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to the leftards they're all captains of industry once their raggedy arse touches British soil.

So for the life of me I can't figure out why their own countries are such spit-holes.

Macheath said...

The Trussell Trust has some interesting ideas about 'extending it to the community'...

An Essex food bank that helps needy people has defended its decision to host a Champagne buffet at its launch.

Adrian Curtis, food bank network director for the Trussell Trust, said: "The Champagne has been funded by The Oasis Church as a reward for the volunteers."

"When a project launches, people put in quite a bit of work and this is a nice way to consolidate that and reward them."


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-19991989

Anonymous said...

There's that Oasis Church again.... sinister.

JuliaM said...

"According to the leftards they're all captains of industry once their raggedy arse touches British soil. "

Indeed!

"The Trussell Trust has some interesting ideas about 'extending it to the community'..."

Ahhhh! I remember that story. Didn't remember which charity it was though...

"There's that Oasis Church again.... sinister."

Very.